Isn’t it disheartening to see a lot of hair on your comb or on the floor? Obviously yes, coz hair looks good where they belong and that is on the crown, no matter if you are a man or a woman your hair is the crown you never take off. Healthy hair adds to your beauty and confidence.
There are many reasons for hair loss like protein deficiency, thyroid, anemia, or vitamin deficiency in your body, chemically treated hair, or lack of nutritious and balanced diet. The other factors include genetics, stress, poor diet, weight loss or gain, hormonal changes.
Another factor contributing to hair loss these days is using high chemical treatments on your hair. We recommend you using Best Sulfate Free and Paraben Free Shampoos for Men & Women and Best Hair Care Products.
Well, you no control over factors like age and genetics, but diet is one thing you have control over. Especially if you’re experiencing hair loss due to poor nutrition, then having a balanced diet with the right amount of nutrients can help you promote hair growth,
Let’s begin with the top 10 foods which you can include in your diet to reverse the hair fall. Also, there are home remedies as you can apply some of these on your hair to reap the maximum benefits by having it internally and applying it externally.
Eggs are loaded with protein and biotin, and these two nutrients promote hair growth.
Biotin produces a protein called keratin which is essential for healthy hair, This is the reason why biotin supplements are often marketed for hair growth. Also, these days there are so many keratin treatments available in the market which claims to make your hair glossy and healthy.
Eggs are also a great source of zinc and selenium which are hair-healthy nutrients. This makes them one of the best foods to consume for good hair health.
Alternatively, you can also try Egg Hair Mask for hair growth:
You Will Need
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp aloe vera gel
- Whisk the eggs and aloe vera get in a bowl to get a smooth mixture.
- Apply the mixture on to your scalp and hair lengths until it is completely covered.
- Leave it for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cool water and shampoo.
Yogurt is packed with Vitamin D and Vitamin B5 and which are known to promote hair follicle health. Alternatively, you can also make yogurt mask once or twice a week.
Dairy products like milk, yogurt, cheese, buttermilk etc. are loaded with essential nutrients such as proteins, zinc, iron, Vitamin B12, omega 6 fatty acids. Dairy products are a great source of biotin that is known to fight hair loss.
Alternatively, you can also try Yogurt hair mask for hair growth:
You Will Need
- ½ cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl & form a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture entirely from the roots to the tips of your hair in sections.
- Leave this mask mixture on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it out with a mild shampoo.
Avocados are a great source of healthy fats and nutrition apart from being delicious. They are also an excellent source of vitamin E, which also promotes hair growth.
Avocadoes are a great source of essential fatty acids, and these fats are essential building blocks of your cells which our body cannot be produced.
Alternatively, you can also try Avocado hair mask for hair growth:
You Will Need
- ½ ripe avocado
- 2 tsp. Coconut oil or Olive Oil
- In a bowl, mash the avocado smoothly without any lumps.
- To mashed avocado, add two tablespoons of coconut oil or Olive oil and mix well.
- Apply this mixture from roots to tip.
- Once your hair is fully covered, cover it with a shower cap and wait for 30 minutes.
- Afterward, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
4. Nuts and Seeds
Nuts and seeds like walnut, cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds. These are not only tasty & convenient but contain a variety of nutrients that promote hair growth.
These are packed with nutrients like vitamin E, B vitamins, zinc, and essential fatty acids, all of which may promote hair growth and are linked to many other health benefits.
Seeds provide a high amount of nutrients with few calories. Many of these nutrients also promote hair growth. These include zinc and selenium and vitamin E.
Alternatively, you can also try Flax seeds oil hair mask for hair growth:
You Will Need
2 tbsp Flaxseed Oil
- Microwave the flaxseed oil for a few seconds until it is warm.
- Massage this into your scalp for about 15 minutes and then apply it to lengths of your hair.
- Wrap your hair with a hot towel. You can heat the towel in the oven, dip it in hot water, or use a blow dryer to heat it.
- Wait with the towel on for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
Add fruits like oranges, papaya, blueberries, strawberries, lime and kiwi to your diet which are rich in vitamin C which supports the absorption of iron in our body, the deficiency of which may lead to hair loss.
Vitamin C has antioxidant properties which reduce the damage caused by free radicals that make your hair weak and brittle. It also helps in the production of an essential protein called collagen which strengthens blood vessels and strengthens the hair shafts.
Alternatively, you can also try Papaya and Banana hair mask for hair growth:
You Will Need
- 1-2 slice of Papaya
- 1 Medium Banana
- Take one peeled banana and Papaya and mix it in a blender to make a puree.
- Apply this puree on your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash it thoroughly with water.
6. Fish & Meat
Fatty fish like salmon have nutrients that promote hair growth and an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to hair growth.
Fish is a great source of protein, vitamin D3, vitamin B, and selenium all these nutrients help promote strong and healthy hair.
7. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are not only delicious to eat but are also packed with beta-carotene that converts to vitamin A in our body which is linked to good hair health. Deficiency of vitamin A sometimes leads to a dry and itchy scalp.
Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta-carotene. The body converts beta-carotene into vitamin A, which is linked to good hair health.
8. Pulses and Beans
Pulses and beans are loaded with protein, iron, zinc, and biotin. Besides this, these are full of folic acid which is necessary for restoring the health of red blood cells that supply the skin and scalp with much-needed oxygen.
Beans are an amazing plant-based source of protein, which is essential to hair growth.
Spinach is a great source of iron, protein, vitamin A and C. Iron deficiency is the main cause of hair fall and spinach is not only iron-rich, but it also contains sebum which acts as a natural conditioner for hair.
Spinach is rich in omega-3 acid, calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium. All these nutrients together help in maintaining a healthy scalp and glossy hair.
Spinach is a very healthy green vegetable coz its loaded with beneficial nutrients like iron, and vitamins A and C, all of which promotes hair growth.
Vitamin A helps the skin glands produce sebum. Sebum is an oily substance helps moisturize the scalp and keep hair healthy.
You must include a bowl of oats in your morning meal to bid goodbye to hair fall. These are rich in fiber, zinc, iron, omega-6 fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids that stimulate hair growth and will make your hair thick and healthy.
In addition to balanced diet things you should take care of:
- Don’t forget to use sulfate free shampoos.
- Use hair mask 1-2 times a week.
- Don’t comb wet hair.
- Do not wash your hair with too cold or too hot water.
- Use fewer chemicals and hot tools on your hair.
Remember to invest in your hair, as it is the crown you never take off.
Have great hair a day!