What is Sulfate?
Sulfate is an anionic detergent which can be found in personal care products like shampoos, body wash, toothpaste, soaps, etc. It is also known by the name of Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) or Sodium Laureth Ether Sulfate (SLES). It is a cheap chemical ingredient and a foaming agent. In a laymen language, it is a synthetic detergent which is responsible for making foam and bubbles in products.
What is Paraben?
Paraben is a kind of preservative that is mostly used in the cosmetic and personal care products like soaps, conditioners, moisturizers, shampoo etc. It is a chemical formed from a combination of acid and alcohol. It is added in products to improve the shelf life of the product.
How are Sulfate and Parabens are bad for you?
In addition to being a cheap chemical, it can dry out your hair and skin by stripping the natural oils. According to various studies SLS and parabens are linked to chronic diseases like cancer, neurotoxicity, organ toxicity, and skin irritation.
Benefits of Sulfate Free & Paraben Free Shampoo:
- It won’t dry out your hair
- It is mild/Gentle on your scalp
- It is free from chemicals and toxins
- It makes your hair frizz free
- It makes your hair color last longer in case you color your hair
- It works best for chemically treated hair, dry hair, keratin treated hair
Now, you have every reason to opt for Sulfate & paraben free shampoo, let’s begin with Best drugstore Sulfate free & paraben free shampoos:
- The Body Shop Banana Truly Nourishing Shampoo
- The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo
- Wow Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
- OGX Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo
- OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
- Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser – Amla, Honey & Mulethi Shampoo
- De fabulous reviver hair Shampoo
- Marc Anthony Bye Bye Frizz Keratin smoothening Shampoo
- Richfeel sulfate-free Shampoo
- Biotique Green Apple Fresh Daily Purifying Shampoo
- Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo
- Mama earth Happy Heads Hair Shampoo
1. The Body Shop Banana Truly Nourishing Shampoo
- It gently cleanses your hair, leaving it beautifully shiny.
- It contains real banana puree.
- It smells good enough to eat.
- It’s mild on your scalp.
- Price 645 (250ml)
2. The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo
- It gently cleanses your scalp to help restore moisture to your hair.
- It improves the hair’s softness without weighing your hair down.
- It gives a smooth and shiny finish to your hair.
- It contains pracaxi oil, manketti nut oil, honey, and sugar.
- Price 695 (250 ml)
3. Wow Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
- It is 100% pure Apple Cider Vinegar, Sweet Almond Oil & Argan Oil.
- It helps gently detoxify your hair & scalp.
- It clears buildups caused by dust, pollution, dead scalp & styling products.
- Price 499 (300ml)
4. OGX Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo
- It gives you strong sexy strands.
- It defends your hair against split ends and fly-a-ways.
- It gets rid your mane of all those pesky broken hair pieces.
- Price 725 (385ml)
5. OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
- It’s a blend of Moroccan Argan oil which instantly penetrates the hair shaft restoring shine and softness.
- It strengthens and creates soft, seductive, silky perfect hair.
- It eradicates the build-up of dirt, sweat, and oil from your scalp.
- It removes unpleasant odor from hair & scalp.
- It protects your hair from styling, without any sulfates or parabens.
- It is specially developed to cleanse and improve the condition of your hair.
- Price 725 (385ml)
6. Forest Essentials Hair Cleanser – Amla, Honey & Mulethi
- It gives your hair natural shine, bounce, and fragrance.
- It contains Amla is rich in Vitamin C which strengthens hair roots & controls hair fall.
- It contains Amla, Reetha, Nilini, Haritaki, Soya Protein, Pure Coconut Oil, Herbal infusions & Raw Organic Honey.
- It is suitable for all hair types.
- Price 1175 (200ml)
7. De fabulous reviver hair shampoo
- Its formula is enriched with Vitamin E rejuvenating beads.
- It reconstructs and strengthens your extremely damaged & fragile hair.
- it is formulated with olive fruit extract, meadowfoam seed extract, sweet almond extract, and wheat-amino acid proteins.
- It is deep intensive moisture is restored without weighing your hair down.
- It is your every day thirst-quenching hair repair therapy.
- It’s formula revitalize and restructures even the most fragile, chemically treated hair.
- Price 1230 (250ml)
8. Marc Anthony Bye Bye Frizz Keratin smoothening Shampoo
- It deeply cleanses your hair.
- It offers softer, shinier, smoother hair.
- It has an anti-frizz formula which also gives your hair protection from humidity.
- It retains moisture to your hair.
- It contains an amino acid blend, K-Silk complex, Vitamin E.
- Price 1099 (250ml)
9. Richfeel sulfate-free Shampoo
- It rescues your hair from further damage.
- This shampoo wraps your hair in hydration and is designed to reduce frizz, giving it incredible softness & shine.
- Its formula encourages effective cleaning without violating your hair’s natural moisture.
- Price 239 (220ml)
10. Biotique Green Apple Fresh Daily Purifying Shampoo
- It has a refreshing formula with pure green Apple extract, Sea Algae, and Centella, which helps to purify and nourish the scalp and hair with natural minerals and proteins.
- The special pH-balanced formula is gentle enough to use it every day.
- It leaves hair refreshed and gives your hair natural body and shine.
- It nourishes the scalp and hair with its organic extracts.
- It is suitable for oily hair and scalp.
- It is organically Pure & preservative free.
- Price 150 (190ml)
11. Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo
- It renews the moisture of the hair.
- The product nourishes and repairs your hair from root to the tip.
- It is free from Sulfates, Parabens and artificial colorants.
- It is ideal for damaged hair.
- Price 975 (250ml)
12. Mama earth Happy Heads Hair Shampoo
- It can be used as a leave-in tonic for treating damaged hair and promoting hair regrowth.
- It reduces hair fall and repairs damaged follicles to increase hair thickness, shine, and density.
- It doesn’t contain any Mineral Oils, Alcohol, SLS, Sulfates, Paraben, Synthetic Color, Artificial Fragrance.
- It is dermatologically tested and suits all hair types.
- Its milk Protein and Vit. E formula nourishes your hair from within.
- Price 349 (200ml)
By now you know the bad effects of sulfate & parabens and you also know the better available options at the drugstore so you shall shift to using better available options which are mild, sulfate free and paraben free. Trust us, your mane will thank you later.
If u guys have any questions or suggestions regarding the article then do let us know in the comment section below.